There is nothing difficult in compiling an effective resume. In most cases, it's enough to get rid of unnecessary information, but there are other important points. The Resumance.com Team is happy to share them with you.
1. Your resume should correspond to the specialization in which you want to develop at the moment. For example, if you're looking for a job in sales, it's not necessary to focus on your work experience as a system administrator. First of all, specify the last position of the sphere relevant to you.
2. The list of personal qualities such as "purposeful", "responsible", "punctual", etc. is not taken seriously by the employer. This is too abstract and stereotyped. To strengthen this part of the resume is possible through a list of your publications in the press or other personal achievements.
3. The resume should exactly correspond to the post you're applying for. If you can work as an administrator and a programmer, and you don't care which of these specialties to work on, then compile two different documents."
4. The resume should contain keywords on which it can be easily found. They should exactly correspond to the sphere of your activity and the position you're counting on. For example: "marketing", "web programmer", "seller", etc.
5. Specify your foreign languages skills. For example, "English - spoken, business correspondence" or "German - spoken with a dictionary", and not "German - intermediate". Thanks to this you'll show your professionalism or save both the time of the recruiter and your own, if don't fit this parameter.
6. Describe professional achievements with the help of numbers and facts. How many percent have you managed to increase sales? How many projects did you successfully complete? Such figures will allow you to stand out among other applicants.
7. When considering a large number of CVs, the HR manager is more likely to take a closer look at well-structured resumes. Divide it into semantic parts, use lists, the summary should be informative and brief at the same time.
8. Always check the CV for errors and inaccuracies. Put yourself in the position of the HR manager, make sure that the resume is logical, easy to read, doesn't contain unnecessary information and can answer the question "Why is this candidate suitable for a vacancy?".
9. When sending a resume directly to the employer, don't use file formats that require extra effort or software to view. Keep your resume in DOC or PDF format.
As you can see, everything is quite simple, although it takes time and effort. Remember that you can always get help from the resume services and forget about these troubles.